Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions for the Hotel Industry
FIXED BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATION
We can only make a fixed reservation after written confirmation. We reserve the right to request a deposit.
Cancellation fees for cancellations within one month before the start of your stay are calculated according to the Austrian hotel contract conditions.
Depending on the category booked, we require a deposit of € 100 to € 200 at check-in. This will be refunded to you in full on departure – if the flat booked is handed over without damage.
PAYMENT OF THE HOTEL BILL
Credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Amex)
BANK TRANSFER BEFORE ACCOMMODATION: If you wish, we will send you your hotel bill in advance and you transfer the invoice amount to our account.
TRAVEL CANCELLATION AND HOLIDAY PROTECTION:
We recommend that you take out travel cancellation insurance with the provider you trust. Better safe than sorry.
Cancellation is free of charge up to 1 month before the start of the stay and from 1 month before the start of the holiday onwards the Austrian cancellation conditions of the WKO Hotel Industry Section § 5.5 and § 5.6 apply.
Austrian cancellation conditions (Link: www.hotelverband.at)
Cancellation cover also for COVID 19 disease despite pandemic status
If COVID-19 is classified as a pandemic, the following conditions apply:
We do not apply the pandemic exclusion for cancellations and trip interruptions contained in our terms and conditions for all hotel stays booked and insured with us or all insurance contracts in force and new contracts concluded with us until further notice.
In this respect, we provide cover in the event that you, as the insured customer, are unable to commence the journey or have to abandon it,
– because you have COVID-19 symptoms,
– because you are measured as having an elevated temperature, even if a subsequent test result is negative,
– because you tested positive for COVID-19 without showing symptoms,
– because a close relative () or a person living in the same household falls ill with COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required, – because a close relative () in the same household falls ill with COVID-19 and you therefore have to go into quarantine, or
– because you are unable to travel as a result of your illness during your stay and have to extend. Here, cover exists within the framework of the involuntary holiday extension.
(*) Relatives are deemed to be the spouse (or registered partner or partner living in the same household), children (stepchildren, children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children), parents (stepchildren, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents), siblings and brother-in-law/sister-in-law of the insured person – in the case of a registered partner or partner living in the same household, additionally their children, parents and siblings.
However, there is no cancellation protection,
– if you cannot or do not want to go on holiday because you are worried about infection due to increasing numbers of cases at the holiday destination,
– if you cannot or do not want to start the stay because you are classified as a risk patient,
– if the hotel cannot (or can no longer) provide its services because the business has been closed by the authorities or the hotel is located in an area for which a travel warning has been issued,
– if you cannot start the journey because you have to go into quarantine as a precaution due to a suspected case (e.g. in the kindergarten or among colleagues), or
– for costs of quarantine of the entire hotel or quarantine costs in separate quarters.
Furthermore, we do not differentiate between high-risk and non-risk patients in terms of premiums, and we do not have any age limits.
TRAVEL CANCELLATION INSURANCE:
Links to travel cancellation insurance can be found here:
European Travel Insurance