Ski Tours on the Hochkönig
Climbing the Mountain with Your Own Strength
The Hochkönig region is well prepared for the needs of ski tourers and offers its own ascent tracks for ski tourers – in untouched nature or on certain days after skiing on selected pistes.
The Rules for Ski Touring
- Prohibitions are to be respected and alternative ascent tracks are to be used.
- The instructions of the cable car attendants must be followed.
- Observe opening times of ascent tracks and the associated ski slopes
- During the night there is an absolute piste closure due to the danger to life
- Dogs are prohibited on ski slopes
Our Tip: The Ascent Track Scheppal Alm – Kings Cab
The ascent trail from the Scheppalalm to the Kings Cab mountain station leads along a signposted and prepared route over almost 6 km to a magnificent vantage point. In the middle of the ski area, but not on the ski slope, it goes through a quiet forest area and finally below the track of the Kings Cab cable car to the summit.
- Ticket required! Day ticket € 14.50. Available from the ticket machine or at the box office
- Open from 8.30 a.m. – 4.45 p.m. – Climbing is prohibited outside opening hours!
- Dogs are prohibited on the ascent track
- During ski races along the Kings Cab, the ascent track is only open as far as Zapferl Alm
- Do not leave the predefined route
Ski Tour to Try Out
Numerous ski schools have picked up on the trend and offer so-called taster tours. Expert ski instructors introduce you to the ABCs of ski touring. You can rent the appropriate equipment at the ski rental stations at the valley stations of the ski lifts at the best price.
We will be happy to help you plan your ski touring holiday in Salzburger Land and link you up with the experts in this increasingly popular winter sport!